Supplications

Go down

Supplications

Post by RiDDLe on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Supplications

Allah says: [And when My servants ask you about Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliants when they cry unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright](Al-Baqarah 2:186).

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was quoted as saying, "[Sincere] supplication is the [true] worship." Then he recited Allah's words, [And your Lord has said, 'Pray unto Me and I will hear your prayer'](Ghafir: 40:60) (Abu Dawud).

Du`aa'(supplication) is a great blessing that Allah has bestowed upon us. He has instructed us to supplicate him and promised that He will answer our supplications. So, supplication in Islam is of paramount importance and its status is greatly valuable.

How many blessings are conferred upon us as a result of invoking Almighty Allah to bestow them unto us. How many evils and harms are repelled because praying to Him to ward us off them.

In supplication, the oppressed and weak resort to Allah and therein the frightened find safety. Supplication is a great source of granting us peace of mind and alleviating our distresses. Supplication also wards us off Allah's wrath and avert us the occurrence of afflictions.

It is one of the worthiest acts of worship in Almighty Allah's sight. We are really in dire need of resorting to Allah in sincere supplication.

If the status of supplication is of such paramount importance in general, it is more so when it is offered by a fasting person, as the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon) said, "There are three supplications guaranteed to be answered. These are, the supplication of the fasting person, the supplication of the oppressed, and the supplication of the traveling person." (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "It was said that every fasting believer is guaranteed that his supplication at the time of breaking his fast be answered. It is either that this supplication be answered in this world or its reward be postponed until it is conferred unto him in the Hereafter."
So Ibn `Umar used to supplicate Allah while breaking his fast and say, "Oh Allah, the Ever-Forgiving! Forgive me."
RiDDLe
New User

Female Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supplications

Post by Elm on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 pm

MashaAllah. A wonderful post.

Jazak Allah khair for sharing that.
Elm
Site Admin