#Islam_Chat @ IrCQnet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wives Of The Prophet (salla ALLAHU 3alayhi wa salam) - Khadijah bint Khuwaylid - part 2

Go down

The Wives Of The Prophet (salla ALLAHU 3alayhi wa salam) - Khadijah bint Khuwaylid - part 2 Empty The Wives Of The Prophet (salla ALLAHU 3alayhi wa salam) - Khadijah bint Khuwaylid - part 2

Post by ala' Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Bismillah-ir-Ra7man-ir-Ra7eem

1.4. Death of Khadijah (rAa)

It was the time when finally the boycott was lifted and the Muslims were allowed to re-enter the city of Makkah, but the three years of hardship had taken their toll. First of all the Prophet's uncle, Abu Talib, who was by then more than eighty years old, died; and then a few months later, during the month of Ramadan, Khadijah, the faithful supporter for ALLAH 's Messenger in his pursuit of spreading Islam also died, at the age of sixty-five, may Allah be pleased with her. That happened three years before Hijra (the Prophet's immigration from Mecca to Madinah). Allah's Messenger interred her in the grave with his own hands The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) mourned her deeply. Khadijah's death was a big disaster to ALLAH 's Messenger (peace be upon him) which, however, he faced with patience and total surrender to the Will of ALLAH (the Almighty).They had shared twenty-five years of marriage together and she had given birth to five of his children. Only one of the Prophet's future wives, Maria the Copt, would give him another child, Ibrahim, and he, like Qasim, was destined to die when he was still very young, at the age of eighteen months.

1.5. Her place in the Prophet’s (salla ALLAH 3alayhi wa salam) heart

Khadijah was a sensible, noble, pious, chaste, and generous woman. She was given glad tidings of entering Paradise.
Oneness, Uniqueness of Allah (Tawheed)
Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 93 :: Hadith 588

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said that Gabriel said, "Here is Khadija coming to you with a dish of food or a tumbler containing something to drink. Convey to her a greeting from her Lord (Allah) and give her the glad tidings that she will have a palace in Paradise built of Qasab (i.e. pipes of precious stones and pearls in Paradise), wherein there will be neither any noise nor any fatigue (trouble)." (See Hadith No. 168, Vol. 5)

The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)
Muslim :: Book 31 : Hadith 5967

Abu Huraira reported that Gabriel came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, lo. Khadija is coming to you with a vessel of seasoned food or drink. When she comes to you, offer her greetings from her Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, and on my behalf and give her glad tidings of a palace of jewels in Paradise wherein there is no noise and no toil. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira through another chain of transmitters with a slight variation of wording.

Of all Prophet Muhammad's wives, Khadijah had a special place in his heart. `Aishah said: "I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him) as much as I did of Khadijah though I did not see her, but the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the women friends of Khadijah. Once when I said to him, "(You treat Khadijah in such a way) as if there is no woman on earth except Khadijah," he would say, "Khadijah was such-and-such, and from her I had children."(ref. Merits of the Helpers in Madinah (Ansaar). Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 58 :: Hadith 166. )

In another 7adeeth narrated by ‘Aisha:
The Book Pertaining to the Merits of the Companions (Allah Be Pleased With Them) of the Holy Prophet (May Peace Be Upon Him) (Kitab Al-Fada'il Al-Sahabah)
Muslim :: Book 31 : Hadith 5972

'A'isha reported: Never did I feel jealous of the wives of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) but in case of Khadija, although I did no, (have the privilege to) see her. She further added that whenever Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) slaughtered a sheep, he said: Send it to the companions of Khadija I annoyed him one day and said: (It is) Khadija only who always prevails upon your mind. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Her love had been nurtured in my heart by Allah Himself.

`Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said that ALLAH’s Messenger (peace be upon him) praised Khadijah every time he remembered her before he would leave the house. One day he (peace be upon him) praised Khadijah, then `Aishah felt so jealous and said: "Why do you remember an old woman, dead long ago, while ALLAH has given you a better one in her stead?" The Prophet (peace be upon him) got very angry and told her that ALLAH had not given him a better one in her stead as she (Khadijah) was the only person to believe in him when all people disbelieved, the only person to believe him when all people belied him, and the only one to bear him children when all his wives did not bear him children. Upon hearing this, A'ishah decided never to speak bad of Khadijah again.

Khadijah had been the first to publicly accept Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as the Messenger of Allah, and she had never stopped doing all she could to help him. Love and mercy had grown between them, increasing in quality and depth as the years passed by, and not even death could take this love away. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) never stopped loving Khadijah, and although he married several more wives in later years and loved them all, it is clear that Khadijah always had a special place in his heart.
ala'
ala'
New User

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down