#Islam_Chat @ IrCQnet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan)

Go down

Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan) Empty Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan)

Post by MuslimGuy Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan) Bismillah

In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan) Assalam
"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.
Problems & Solutions #2 : Waswaas (insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan) Flower-b

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Problems and Solutions

Book by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Waswaas
(insinuating thoughts from Shaytaan)

[size=21]A person may ask: “I am suffering from many insinuating thoughts (waswaas) about the nature of Allaah, may He be glorified. There are thoughts going around in my mind that I cannot utter because they are not befitting to Allaah, and they keep coming back to me, when I am praying and at other times. It is so bad that I doubt my faith, and wonder if I am even a Muslim or not. What is the cure for this problem?”

A number of ahaadeeth have been reported from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which contain the answer to this problem, al-hamdu Lillah.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The Shaytaan may come to any one of you and say, -Who created Allaah?
If any one of you experiences this, let him say- Aamantu billaahi wa rasoolih (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger),
and that will drive him away.”
(Saheeh al-Jaami, 1657).

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan may come to any one of you and ask, Who created the heaven? and he will say, Allaah.
The Shaytaan will say, Who created the earth? and he will say, Allaah. Then the Shaytaan will say, Who created Allaah?
If any one of you experiences this, let him say, Aamantu billaahi wa rasoolih.’” (Saheeh al-Jaami, 1656).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever experiences anything of this waswaas, let him say three times, ‘‘Aamantu billaahi wa rasoolih, and that will drive (the Shaytaan) away.” (Saheeh al-Jaami, 6587).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will nearly ask too many questions, so that one of them may say, Allaah created all of creation, but who created Allaah?
If they say this, then say: ‘Allaah is the One, Allaah is the Self-Sufficient Master. He begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him [al-Ikhlaas 112-4, interpretation of the meaning],
and spit (dry) to your left three times, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan.” (Saheeh al-Jaami, 8182).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Think about the signs of Allaah, do not think about Allaah Himself).” (Saheeh al-Jaami, 2975)

From these texts we may summarize the following six ways of overcoming these insinuating thoughts:

The person who is experiencing such ideas should say, “Aamantu billaahi wa rasoolih (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).”

He should seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, and say three times, “Aoodhu billaahil-Samee il-Aleem min al-Shaytaan il-rajeem, min hamzihi wa nafkhihi wa nafathih
(I seek refuge with Allaah, the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaytaan, and from his slander and evil insinuations).”

He should spit (drily) to his left three times.

He should stop thinking about whatever it is that is on his mind, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Let him stop.”
This is an important tactic, because continuing to allow the Shaytaan to influence one in this way can only make it worse. The Muslim must stop these thoughts, as much as he is able, and keep his mind busy with something useful and beneficial.

He should recite Soorat al-Ikhlaas (Qul huwa Allaahu ahad), because it describes attributes of the Most Merciful and is considered to be equivalent to one-third of the Quraan. Reciting this great soorah will guarantee an end to these insinuating thoughts.

He should think about the creation and blessings of Allaah, not about His nature, because his weak human mind can never comprehend the nature of Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and they will never compass anything of His Knowledge” [Ta-Ha 20]

Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in not-for-profit publications.

MuslimGuy
MuslimGuy
Regular User
Regular User

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down