#Islam_Chat @ IrCQnet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riba (usury) - for muslims and non-muslims !!! - part 1

Go down

Riba (usury) - for muslims and non-muslims !!! - part 1 Empty Riba (usury) - for muslims and non-muslims !!! - part 1

Post by ala' Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:50 pm

as-salam 3alaykom wa ra7mat ALLAH wa barakatuh

Bismillah-ir-Ra7man-ir-Ra7eem

Nowadays widely spread have become loans from the banks for different purposes, whether one is in need of it or not. So here are some questions asked about riba (usury) on fatwa center. But before that let's see what ALLAH (sub7anahu wa ta3ala) stated in al-Qur'an al-Kareem about riba:

2:275. Those who eat Ribâ (usury) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaitân (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: "Trading is only like Ribâ (usury)," whereas Allâh has permitted trading and forbidden Ribâ (usury). So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Ribâ (usury) shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allâh (to judge); but whoever returns [to Ribâ (usury)], such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein.

2:
276. Allâh will destroy Ribâ (usury) and will give increase for Sadaqât (deeds of charity, alms, etc.) And Allâh likes not the disbelievers, sinners.

2:
278. O you who believe! Be afraid of Allâh and give up what remains (due to you) from Ribâ (usury) (from now onward), if you are (really) believers.

3: 130. O you who believe! Eat not Ribâ (usury) doubled and multiplied, but fear Allâh that you may be successful.

4:160. For the wrong­doing of the Jews, We made unlawful to them certain good foods which has been lawful to them, and for their hindering many from Allâh's Way;
4:161. And their taking of Ribâ (usury) though they were forbidden from taking it and their devouring of men's substance wrongfully (bribery, etc.). And We have prepared for the disbelievers among them a painful torment.
5: 62. And you see many of them (Jews) hurrying for sin and transgression, and eating illegal things [as bribes and Ribâ (usury), etc.]. Evil indeed is that which they have been doing.
5: 63. Why do not the rabbis and the religious learned men forbid them from uttering sinful words and from eating illegal things. Evil indeed is that which they have been performing.
(the above 4 verses show that not only Muslims were forbidden to take riba)

Now, the following questions about riba on the Fatwa Center:

Question

salamou3alaikoum, im married to a Christian woman, and she wants to buy a house through a bank loan. i told her that i cant do that since im a muslim. But she suggested that she will buy the house with a loan from the bank , and she will sell me the half of it without any rent, which means that we make a contract between me and her that says exactly how much i should pay for my half. Is that ok in islam? wasalamou3alaykoum.
Fatwa

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad (salla ALLAH 3alayhi wa salam) is His slave and Messenger.

Dealing with Riba (interest and/or usury) is forbidden for Muslims and for non-Muslims and Allaah stated in the Quran that He forbade Riba for the People of the Book before us; for more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 86701 and 85569.

Therefore, you should forbid your Christian wife from borrowing money with Riba. If accepting her suggestion which you mentioned in the question is the reason for her borrowing money, then it is not permissible for you to accept this suggestion as this leads to helping in sin and causing it.

Allaah Knows best.

2. the above mentioned 86701

Question

I need to pay for the marriage of my sister, I am on the job. Can I get a bank loan?
Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions. Loans taken from banks are of two types: Good loan: it is the kind of loan that does not involve Riba (interests/ usury). This kind is permissible and recommended from the Islamic point of view as a procedure that incurs great reward. A loan that involves interests: this kind is not allowed from the Islamic point of view and must not be approached unless under forcing necessity, for it is Riba, as previously stated in Fatawa: 81364, 81409 and 82049. Helping your sister is not a necessity that makes Riba pardonable. The kind of necessity that makes Riba permissible is that which drives one to starvation or a situation next to it, or in case he faces an unbearable condition. Allah knows best.
to be continued in sha2 ALLAH
ala'
ala'
New User

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down