#Islam_Chat @ IrCQnet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Advice Will You Follow?

+3
diaa
Blizz
clue
7 posters

Go down

Which Advice Will You Follow? Empty Which Advice Will You Follow?

Post by clue Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 pm

The popular advice we often hear these days about handling anger is don't hold your anger in but instead let it out. We are told that it is unhealthy to hold in our anger. However, according to Islamic teachings outbursts of anger are supposed not to occur. Our role model to this teaching is the best of creation Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Therefore, here is the challenge; find one instance in which Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had an outburst due to becoming angry or upset. You will never meet the challenge because it just did not happen and never did we find an instance in which the emotions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) betrayed him to the degree that he had an outburst of anger. In addition, neither did he tolerate anger in his beloved Companions (peace be upon them all). How odd indeed that despite claiming our sincere desire to emulate the Prophet, you and I continue to exercise little self-restraint when we are angry.
So whose path will you follow? Will you learn to control your temper and practice self-restraint, which is in accordance to the teachings of our Prophet (SAWS) or will you opt for emotional and angry outbursts linking your justification to modern day psychologists who advocate the "healthiness" of letting out anger?

clue
New User

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Which Advice Will You Follow? Empty Re: Which Advice Will You Follow?

Post by Blizz Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Full of insight, masha'Allah.

We should restrain ourselves at the time we feel anger as is the command of Allah. We should always remember that anger is only a letter short of danger too.

Fi'amaan'illah.
Blizz
Blizz
Moderators
Moderators

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by diaa Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Indeed we have to get some control on our actions especially when we get angry,,,the best thing we have to train ourselves on is to keep "silent" as the Prophet Muhammad "Salla Allahu Aleh wa sallam" Commanded us,,,,but still " dont keep ur anger inside" u can use the adrenaline rush u get when u r angry in doing something useful,,like doing some exercise, doing some work using ur hands "tiding up the place where u r " stuff like that,,,that's my opinion which is not to have an outburst and on the other side dont keep it inside as well Smile

diaa
New User

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Elm Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:45 am

I get angry fast...sometimes over stupid things, but remembering the rewards a muslim gets when controlling their anger? it helps a lot.
I do agree with diaa
Elm
Elm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Female Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Blizz Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 am

I would beg to disagree with diaa and Elm, though.

Anger is not something that has a physical existence in our physical body. It does not, thus, require to be given consideration necessarily and to be 'let out', using the cliche.

It is only a state of mind, a surge of an intense emotion and so it can be eradicated merely with something equally intense and strong but with the opposite effect, like "remembering the rewards a muslim gets when controlling their anger? it helps a lot.", quoting Elm. This is why Allah and His Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, and his family and companions) commanded us to control it, to fight that surge and nip it in the bud instead of trying to make a positive use of it, as suggested by diaa.
I think it's like giving undue consideration and importance to the thing.

Moreover, even if I agree with that piece of advice, I can hardly see myself doing anything right if I do it in a fit of anger. I don't think it is quite probable or we would have been advised to do so from those with greater intelligence and guidance in matters of deen.

Fi'amaan'illah.
Blizz
Blizz
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by diaa Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:59 pm

mashaa Allah Blizz,,,
yes,,indeed we should follow what the Prophet muhammad,his companions and his family,,,what i was referring to is when we get angry there may be some potential inside, i may get use of it and that doesnt contradict with the teachings of Allah and the prophet as i am already controlling bu considering the reward i get inshaa Allah.. Smile anyway it's a personal opinion i may be wrong somehow

diaa
New User

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Blizz Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 am

Smile

Fi'amaan'illah.
Blizz
Blizz
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Basheer Wed May 07, 2008 9:25 pm

AlSalamu Alaykum

Alhamdullilah and peace be upon mohammed...

Indeed anger causes blindness, causes one to act without thinking about the consequences of what he is going to do or say..

The best way to get rid of shaytan's wiswas, is by saying "Aooth billah min al shaytan al rajeem" , that is the solution that is present in quran...

((36. And if a whisper from the devil reach thee (O Muhammad) then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is the Nearer, the Knower.))Fussilat:36

Even judges in court can't judge when they are angry...

Book 18, Number 4264:

Abd al-Rabmin b. Abu Bakra reported: My father dictated (and I wrote for him) to Ubaidullah b. Abu Bakra while he was the judge of Sijistan: Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I have heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:(( None of you should judge between two persons when he is angry.))

And finally in my simple post, the following hadeeth shows how important it is not to get furious:

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam:

"Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."

[Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137]

Since the sahabi rathiya Allah anhu(may Allah be pleased with him), asked the prophet peace be upon him for a general advice and repeated the question 3 times, and Allah's apostle peace be upon him replied with the same answer thrice... So always remember , Don't become angry...

& Allah knows best

AlSalamu Alaykum
Basheer
Basheer
Operator
Operator

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLaL Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Salaamu Allaahi Alaikum Wa RAhmatuhu Ta'ala Wa Barakaatuh

ash'hado annaho laa ilaaha illa Allaah wahdaho laa shareeka lah, wa anna habibi wa sayyedi muhammadan abduhu wa nabiyyuho wa rasooluh, Allaahumma salli alaihi wa alaa aalihi wa sahbihi tasleeman katheeran ilaa yawmi ad-deen.

may Allah bless you sister for this lovely article and bless my brothers and sisters for their comments. May Allah swt reward you all, Ameen.

Many people have suffered throughout their lives because they couldn't control their anger. A comon example is when the husband divorces his wife in the state of anger without thinking of the consequences of this divorce and result in only regret in dunya and hereafter. Anger is, indeed, a temptation of the shaytaan; a deception of shaytaan; its the source of all evils and it is a very bad condition that weakens the imaan of the muslim.

To handle this spark of fire that is always bursting (anger), we need to follow the teachings of our prophet (PBUH) and see how He (PBUH) used to repress His anger. Out of Allah's mercy, He (SWT) has shown us remedies to avoid shaytaan's deception through anger :

Those who spend (in Allah’s cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress their anger, and who pardon men, verily, Allah loves the al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).”
[Surah Al-Imran (3) : Ayah 133-134]

In the sunnah of our prophet (PBUH) we find many hadiths that talk about anger among which:

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam:
"Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."
[Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137

In another hadith, Abu Hurairah related that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said:
"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry." [Al-Bukhari; Book 47, No. 47.3.12]

And from the du'a (supplications) of the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam:
"I ask you O Allah, for truthful speech during times of pleasure and anger" [Nasaai and Ahmad]

However, anger is lawful in cases of religious matters when its honour is at stake. The person who has no anger is a coward who has a weak faith on allah swt and fears the creation not the Creator. The person who has no "ghaira" about his deen is not supporting Islam and consequently he does not care about islam and muslims as well. This doesn't mean that muslims should get angry and over react foolishly whenever an ignorant kafir tries to provoke them. Allaah knows best

may Allah swt purify my heart from hypocrisy and riya' and guide us all to His path, Ameen

Assalaatu wassalaamu alaa sayyedena muhammadin wa alaa aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een, subhaana Rabbi al'izzati amma yasifoon wa al-hamdu lillaahi rabbi al-aalameen.

BiLaL
Operator
Operator

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Which Advice Will You Follow? Empty niahahaha

Post by Adham Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:22 am

aywa sa7
clue wrote:The popular advice we often hear these days about handling anger is don't hold your anger in but instead let it out. We are told that it is unhealthy to hold in our anger. However, according to Islamic teachings outbursts of anger are supposed not to occur. Our role model to this teaching is the best of creation Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Therefore, here is the challenge; find one instance in which Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had an outburst due to becoming angry or upset. You will never meet the challenge because it just did not happen and never did we find an instance in which the emotions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) betrayed him to the degree that he had an outburst of anger. In addition, neither did he tolerate anger in his beloved Companions (peace be upon them all). How odd indeed that despite claiming our sincere desire to emulate the Prophet, you and I continue to exercise little self-restraint when we are angry.
So whose path will you follow? Will you learn to control your temper and practice self-restraint, which is in accordance to the teachings of our Prophet (SAWS) or will you opt for emotional and angry outbursts linking your justification to modern day psychologists who advocate the "healthiness" of letting out anger?
[u]

Adham
New User

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down